Thanks fitknitchick for inspiring this recipe. I made slight changes to use what I had available on hand. But, this cake turned out really delicious.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (gives it a really nice flavor)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons all natural almond butter
- 1/4 stick melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Combine first five ingredients in a bowl.
2. Melt butter and mix in almond butter, milk, vanilla and eggs in a separate bowl. Whisk this together until smooth.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing in chocolate chips until batter is smooth and consistent. It will be a thickish batter.
4. Pour into a lightly oiled (or parchment-lined) 9 inch square pan.
5. Bake for 30-40 min at 350 degrees F.
Recipe makes 16 servings.